DogJax Employee Guidelines:
- Self-motivated and can work with minimal supervision.
- Be detail oriented in a “fast-paced” work environment.
- Treat each pet with respect and decency.
- Communicate clearly and frequently with the Team and pet owner.
- Work well as a team
- Always act and dress in a professional and work appropriate manner.
- Be able to multi-task and have strong attention to detail.
- If you break it, fix it.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Be reliable and on time for work.
- Maintain a Clean, Safe, and Fun working environment.
Keep it Clean
- Sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, and sanitizing kennels and kennel equipment.
- Keeping the play yard clean and poop free.
- Emptying trash cans and poop bins regularly.
- Disinfect facility and yards.
- Wash and clean kennel and play equipment.
- Maintain a clean and well-kept facility.
Keep it Safe
- Monitor social time in play yards.
- Learn names and common behaviors of each dog and manage them accordingly.
- Use basic obedience commands for manners reminders and dog handling.
- Detect and discourage overly excited, aggressive, or inappropriate behaviour.
- Ensure dogs and are safe when being exercised and socialized during playtime.
- Report issues or bad behaviour to manager/trainer.
- Report injuries or health related issues to manager and front desk.
- Complete training of Proper Dog Handling course as outlined in the employee manual and on the job training.
- Reward dogs for good behaviour.
- Discourage jumping, pulling on leash, overly excited, barking, growling, aggression, etc.
- Keep accurate records.
- Feed dogs and keep them healthy.
Keep it Fun
- Enjoy coming to work.
- Have fun working with dogs all day.
- Create and be a part of a fun environment.
- Learn how to play with dogs in a way that stimulates them and be a part of a fun, dynamic group of dogs.